Saturday, April 15, 2017

Inspired By All The Little Things #52 featuring Renee Matarese

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!

It's Karen with you today, and this week I have invited a long-time design teammate of mine who has a real flair for doing unique cards:
I asked Renee to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?
The name of my blog is Renlymat’s World.  The name is a melding of my full name...Renee Lyn Matarese.  I started my blog originally just for me.My first post went live 2-11-08 so I just celebrated my 9 yr. anniversary! I had a hard time parting with my cards at first.  They were such a labor of love. 
I started my blog so that I could always remember each card that I made.  From there I started entering challenges and sharing my cards online elsewhere which led to me joining several design teams over the last 10 yrs.

2. What is your style of card making?
I don’t know that I really have a specific style.  My favorites types of cards to make are masculine, funny and shabby chic cards!

3. Who inspires you as a designer?
I don’t think there’s really one particular designer I follow.  I get a lot of ideas from Pinterest.  When I need some coloring inspiration I always look to Sandy Allnock.

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?
I’m definitely inspired by sketches.  Coming up with new layouts is a weakness of mine.  I can find inspiration anywhere...I may be at Target and see a cool color combo or pattern on a throw pillow.  I may drive by an old barn and love the shabby look of it.  You just never know!
  
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?
One thing most people don’t know is that I’m an accomplished self taught cook.  Neither my grandmother nor my mother cooked.  I ate a lot of frozen Salisbury Steak and boxed Hamburger Helper as a kid, lol!  As an adult it became an interest of mine.  For as long as I can remember I’ve watched cooking shows and read articles religiously trying to learn and become a better cook.  My kids want me to go on Chopped and are always asking me...”Do you think you could Beat Bobby Flay?”  The answer to both of those is a big fat NO!

Here is Renee's card using this week's inspiration!


The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! Be sure to visit their blogs for all the details! I hope you will play along with us this week, we would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach

LauraJane 

Leigh Penner 

Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs

Sheri Gilson

Silke Ledlow

Wanda Cullen

And one from me - Karen Day

We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Friday, April 21st at 11:55am. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

1 comment:

  1. I obviously did something wrong when I linked up - not used to this linky tool! Sorry! Link seems to work, just no photo.

    ReplyDelete