Saturday, November 26, 2016

Inspired By All the Little Things featuring Joyce Mehrberg

Hello Tracey here and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!

This week I have invited Joyce Mehrberg to be my guest. Joyce has been my blogging friend for 5 years now, we both started blogging in the same year! Over time we have become good friends online and off and if all the stars are aligned just right we will be meeting for real in 2018! Joyce is a challenge junkie, she participates in so many and one of my favourite features she does is a big post on Sundays showcasing what she has been up to in her studio! If you haven't already you will love stopping by at her blog but grab a big cuppa first you'll be there a while!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________




I asked Joyce to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?

 I live in Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California, and so I named my blog Cards-by-the-Sea, clever, right?  I started by blog back in 2011 as a way to enter challenges and connect with other paper crafters.  I had just organized a mini group of 4 paper crafters called 'Four of a Kind' and we all needed blogs so we could show our creations on the same day.  That group expanded and morphed into a larger group that I am still a part of called The 12 Kits of Occasions.

2. What is your style of card making?

My style is Clean and Simple most of the time.  I love die cuts and background stamping, so my cards will occasionally stray a bit from a pure CAS style.  I really like just about all flower stamps, and also cannot resist stamps of houses, buildings and city scapes.

3. Who inspires you as a designer?

I am a true PTI addict, and find so much inspiration in their designers, especially Nicole Heady, Maile Belles, and Laurie Willison.
4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?

I enjoy getting inspiration from card challenges.  My favorite challenges are sketch challenges, with color challenges a close second.
  
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?

If you have met me within the last couple of years, you will be surprised to know that I never used to like animals.  My daughters begged me for a dog for years and years before I finally caved 3 years ago.  My dog, Sherlock, is now my constant companion, and I am completely devoted to him.  If you have known me forever, you would be surprised and amazed to see how much I love my dog, and how that love has grown into a love for all other dogs.

Here is Joyce's card using this week's inspiration!



The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!


Kimberly Lackenbach-http://kimcreate.blogspot.ca/




Leigh Penner - www.leighpenner.blogspot.com  






...and one created by me.

tracey_IB#34

We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Friday, December 2nd at 12:00 pm. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful inspiration! Thanks for letting us get to know Joyce a bit better, and so happy she came to the dog "light" -- haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing inspiration...can't wait to play along. Joyce your card is so sweet, love your gorgeous wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully inspiring graphic and projects from the designers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you, Joyce and I all started blogging about the same time. We've all come a long way since then and I enjoy everything each of you do.

    ReplyDelete