Saturday, November 19, 2016

Inspired By All The Little Things #33 with Myra Webb

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!


It's Karen here with you this week, and I have invited Myra Webb as my guest for Week #33!  Myra is a new creative friend of mine, we met this fall when we were both teaching side by side at a trade show.  She had made the most gorgeous sample projects, and I just knew that I wanted to invite her to join us here on the Inspired By blog.




I asked Myra to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?
www.craftingplayground.com  I felt that this name would allow me to post various crafting projects. So far I have only included cards and jewelry projects.

2. What is your style of card making?
very tough question to answer. My style adapts to the card genre that I am working on. For example, I am not particularly a flowery girl but when I am working with Heartfelt or Magnolia stamp you are sure to see them there! Call me a chameleon.

3. Who inspires you as a designer?
All the wonderful card makers out there! They are my teachers. It's amazing what you can learn flipping through Pinterest or Splitcoast! I do love Virginia Nebel's work, although her focus is scrapbooking. What I love is her layering and how she uses the product. Totally adaptable on a smaller scale. I also like Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner and the way they use stamp on their cards. I love Susanne Dean and Melanie Holtz for their coloring skills with COPIC and other media.

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?
Strangely- conversation! I'm talking with someone  and all of a sudden I get a vision. This is where the problem is - is honing in the idea to a point where the outcome is acceptable. Don't you ever get a vision and on paper you go "oh, that's not what I wanted!" Then I have to pause, work it, and sometimes do it again. But this helps my creativity! And patience.
  
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?
I collect shot glasses! And the number is growing! I currently have 5 display cases and I will be looking for more. This is a great was to remember the places I've been and gifts from the family and friends from places where they have been. And heck, one day I hope to raise each glass in a toast!

Myra created two cards using this week's inspiration!


Now take a peek at what the design team has created to share with us - I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach-http://kimcreate.blogspot.ca/




Leigh Penner - www.leighpenner.blogspot.com  






And a little something from me:


We hope you will play along with us!

The linky will close on Thursday, Nov. 24th at 11:55pm. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations from the DT ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Love all the interpretations of the original picture! Great job everyone and thank you for inviting me to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Myra did is in the full story link below.
    FULL STORY LINKS AND MORE INFO:
    twitter.com/dimimakdj and https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=147992372636135&id=100022761201882
    In Dec 2006 my life was taken away AGAIN! Almost all my personal CD teenager young adult collection and ERG CDPOOL PROMOONLY CDS gone 2 weeks b4 #XMAS out of my secure storage unit 16 Harrison Gen Blvd. Some stupid #Toronto #Police (not good or bad cops) and/or religious #Fascists corporate institutional moles did NOTHING.
    Havent tried using for a while now. On Dec 19 2017 via email the Toronto Police basically harassed and threatened me. I posted the email screen shots on my twitter.com/dimimakdj

    AT #CAMH I CHECKED IN SOBER, SANE, BUT TORTURED AND COULD SAY NOTHING TO NO ONE. I WAS MANIPULATED FROM TIME I GOT TO EMERGENCY AND ADMITTED NOT FORMED! I SAW A GUY ADMITTED IN EMERG AND THEN ALLOWED TO LEAVE WITH A FULL RELEASE FROM THE NURSES. I THEN SAID I DONT FEEL SAFE AND WANT TO LEAVE. THEY ALL SAID NO AND THEN ATTACKED AND INJECTED ME FROM BEHIND IN THE COMMON AREA AND FORMED WHILE STRAPPED TO THE STRETCHER. YOURE GONNA PAY, ALL OF YOU! BEFORE ALL THAT, WHILE SITTING ON AN OPEN NETWORK AT CAMH EMERG COMPUTER I FOUND OUT ABOUT A MEDICAL ISOTOPE MACHINE PROJECT THAT WENT 10 MILLION OVER BUDGET. I COPIED THE DOCUMENTS TO MY DJDIMIMAK GOOGLE DRIVE. IM NOT CRAZY.

    #Mindsweeping is a one way process whereby ur mind is bombarded with energy waves and sends data back to a computer somehow. 2 way is is when u know data is sent when ppl on other end with the devices repeat the info sent by broadcasting using subbands cell wave EMF signals with audio sfx unless eyes are shut in which case videos images are sent and seen by individuals like myself. #SOS #Pentagon

    When I was in early 20s I went for wax again with no spots on my skin. I left with half inch less dark spots all over my tanned ripped stomach. I was a tank of pure muscle at 190 pounds

    Heres that guy who stole from me calling me a pedophile child #molesterhttps://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1DeXpi3Ywm5B5vTruKvQruLXODCztHeLB

    I hate neither #GreekOrthodox or #Christians but I'm an agnostic #scientologist Bigendered Bisexual #Bi #Gay #LGBTQ #LGBT

    ReplyDelete