Saturday, November 19, 2016

Inspired By All The Little Things #33 with Myra Webb

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!


It's Karen here with you this week, and I have invited Myra Webb as my guest for Week #33!  Myra is a new creative friend of mine, we met this fall when we were both teaching side by side at a trade show.  She had made the most gorgeous sample projects, and I just knew that I wanted to invite her to join us here on the Inspired By blog.




I asked Myra to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?
www.craftingplayground.com  I felt that this name would allow me to post various crafting projects. So far I have only included cards and jewelry projects.

2. What is your style of card making?
very tough question to answer. My style adapts to the card genre that I am working on. For example, I am not particularly a flowery girl but when I am working with Heartfelt or Magnolia stamp you are sure to see them there! Call me a chameleon.

3. Who inspires you as a designer?
All the wonderful card makers out there! They are my teachers. It's amazing what you can learn flipping through Pinterest or Splitcoast! I do love Virginia Nebel's work, although her focus is scrapbooking. What I love is her layering and how she uses the product. Totally adaptable on a smaller scale. I also like Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner and the way they use stamp on their cards. I love Susanne Dean and Melanie Holtz for their coloring skills with COPIC and other media.

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?
Strangely- conversation! I'm talking with someone  and all of a sudden I get a vision. This is where the problem is - is honing in the idea to a point where the outcome is acceptable. Don't you ever get a vision and on paper you go "oh, that's not what I wanted!" Then I have to pause, work it, and sometimes do it again. But this helps my creativity! And patience.
  
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?
I collect shot glasses! And the number is growing! I currently have 5 display cases and I will be looking for more. This is a great was to remember the places I've been and gifts from the family and friends from places where they have been. And heck, one day I hope to raise each glass in a toast!

Myra created two cards using this week's inspiration!


Now take a peek at what the design team has created to share with us - I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach-http://kimcreate.blogspot.ca/




Leigh Penner - www.leighpenner.blogspot.com  






And a little something from me:


We hope you will play along with us!

The linky will close on Thursday, Nov. 24th at 11:55pm. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations from the DT ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Love all the interpretations of the original picture! Great job everyone and thank you for inviting me to participate.

    ReplyDelete