Saturday, October 21, 2017

Inspired By All The Little Things #69 Featuring Meridith MacRitchie


  
  Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! Veronica here, with a big thanks to everyone who played along with our last challenge, your entries were fantastic!  This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist! Here is the inspiration photo I chose for this weeks challenge:



I invited the talented Meridith MacRitchie to be this weeks guest designer. I have loved her beautiful card designs for many years. Meridith has an eye for handcrafted designs featuring quilts, florals, and perfectly placed embellishments and layers.




1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?
My blog is called A Delightful Waste of Time. When my first daughter was a baby, an older gentleman in a coffee shop once commented that children were "such a delightful waste of time..." and I loved it. It perfectly describes children - and my hobbies! I started blogging when I was pregnant with my second daughter, nearly 8 years ago. At the time, I wanted to join in on challenges, which a blog gave me platform to do, but very quickly I began to enjoy the blogging process and community as much as stamping itself!

 
2. What is your style of card making?
I would say I lean towards frilly and vintage, but I like to dabble in most styles! Since my kids are getting older and are drawn to more cutesy images, I am learning how to try and work with that style more and more... though I don't find it very easy!

 
3. Who inspires you as a designer?
Where do I start? Melissa Phillips has always been a major influence on me, which I think you can see in my work. I think pretty much anything Betsy Veldman produces is magical, and I want to be just like her when I grow up! I adore how Audrey Tokach and Elena Roussakis can make adorable scene cards (and they make it look so effortless!), and Debbie Hughes is perfect at combining art with cardmaking to produce some amazing creations! I still look back to the days when Michelle Wooderson created cards and tags, and try to learn from her old work.

 
4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?
Everything! Pinterest is my main source of inspiration; I often look for graphics or illustrations to help with a jumping off point. You can often find me snapping pictures with my phone while I am out shopping, if I see a bag or a set of sheets that look like they would be fun to stamp. Sometimes it will be someone else's work or a technique they shared. If I am really stuck, a sketch always helps. But I see the world in stamps and paper!
 
 
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?
I have spent the last 4 years working side by side with my husband, completing a total DIY makeover of our entire 1969 house. I've learned how to use all the saws, lay floors, lay tile, build cabinets, do the electrical, plumbing and hang trim. I would say I am pretty handy, and am really proud of what we've accomplished together! And we're still married, which is the biggest success of the entire project! *wink*
 
       
 
Here is the card I created for this weeks challenge!
 
 


  The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach

LauraJane 

Leigh Penner 

Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs


Sheri Gilson


Silke Ledlow


Wanda Cullen



                                        We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Friday,October 27th at 11:55am. (PST)
 
 
 
Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:

  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!


3 comments:

  1. Yay for Meredith, big fan of her work.
    Awesome inspiration ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see a link for Meredith's card. Love the beautiful inspirational phot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just thought I'd pop in and say hi after you visited my blog www.simplylovely21.blogspot.com :) Lovely cards you've showcased here! x

    ReplyDelete