Saturday, October 14, 2017

Inspired By All the Little Things #68 featuring Sandy Mathis

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful photograph and fabulous designers to inspire you!

Nance here, as your hostess, and this week I have invited a dear friend and wonderfully creative artist...Sandy Mathis!  Sandy and I are DT mates on The Paper Players (another Lesley challenge blog!) and I've always admired her mad coloring skills and seemingly effortless style.  She makes the most beautiful florals so I knew this photo would get her mojo running!

 Sandy Mathis


I asked Sandy to share a bit about herself...

1.    What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?

I have always loved crafts of any sort, and when a good friend introduced me to card making I was instantly hooked. In addition to the joy of creating with paper and ink, I was amazed by how welcoming and supportive my fellow crafters would be. I started my blog, stampwithsandy.com, as a way to share my creations and connect with my new-found friends in the paper crafting community.

2. What is your style of card making?
Though my style is always evolving and I like to try different things, for the most part I would define my style as clean and layered. I love some ‘white space’ in a card, but I also love layers, patterned paper and enamel dots. I especially love to color, particularly florals.

3. Who inspires you as a designer?
All of you! My fellow paper crafters are an endless source of inspiration and I’m grateful for you all. I love to sip my tea early in the morning and visit your blogs (too many to list), watch You-Tube videos, and search Pinterest for ideas. 

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?

I love playing along with challenges, especially those that persuade me to try something new. I’m also inspired by textiles, such as the colors and patterns on a pretty silk scarf.
  
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?

My parents owned a nursery, garden center and florist shop, so I grew up surrounded by plants and flowers, hence my love of florals. I even have a picture of myself in a baby seat in the greenhouse with my mom, and my dad used to call me his little petunia! 

Here is Sandy's gorgeous card using this week's inspiration!
The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration.  I love to see how they interpret the challenge prompt each week.  I hope you will play along with us--we would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach

LauraJane 

Leigh Penner 

Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs

Sheri Gilson

Silke Ledlow

Wanda Cullen

We hope you will play along with us!

The linky will close on Friday, October 20th at 11:55am. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes, you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

2 comments: