Saturday, January 28, 2017

Inspired By All the Little Things featuring Carol Mayne

Hello, Tracey here, and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist! I have chosen an inspiration that seems to be perfect for this time of the year!


This week I have invited...

Carol Mayne


I asked Carol to share a bit about herself...


1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?
 
My blog name, just me: c, came about as a little place where I can be 'just me'. The 'c' (lower case) is simply 'because'; I rarely sign/type my full name, so 'c' is who I am, Even my niece and nephew know me as Aunty c.  I started my blog in 2013, as a way to 'commit' to crafting (and to justify my investments *grin*). Little did I know that in so doing I would meet some of the most encouraging, supportive, talented, friendly people in the world! 



2. What is your style of card making? 

CAS, or as some have described it 'eclectic CAS', which is a significant switch from the way I initially started, where I was patterned-papering all over the place. I've learned to embrace the white space…most of the time.



3. Who inspires you as a designer?


Everyone in this community!  I have a LONG list of people I follow via Feedly, Instagram and Facebook, whose talents awe me daily.

4. What sorts of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?


A combination of all three, actually.  In all honesty, if I didn't have these sources of inspiration, I'd be helpless!  I'm far better an 'inspire-ee' than an 'inspire'er'.

5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?
 
I'm a bike-racing official (no, I do not race at all! Are you kidding me...bike racing is an exhilarating, but incredibly sketchy, sport.) in the disciplines of road bike, mountain-bike and cyclo-cross. Most weekends, from early May to the end of October, you’ll find me at finish lines, clipboard, pen and stop-watch in hand, in my role as a commissaire. The racing community is a special place for me.



Here is Carol's card using this week's inspiration!


The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach http://kimcreate.blogspot.ca/




Leigh Penner - www.leighpenner.blogspot.com  









...and one from me!




We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Friday, February 3rd 12:00pm (PST).

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Tracey, for inviting me to play alongside you and the the Inspired By team for this challenge! Your cards: absolutely amazing!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Carol, it is so great seeing you host this weeks challenge. Absolutely lovely card!!!

    ReplyDelete