Saturday, January 21, 2017

Inspired By All The Little Things #40 featuring Donna Rudy

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!


It's Karen here with you this week, and I have invited...
Donna Rudy from Krash Scrapper!  


I can honestly say that Donna is the most innovative card maker that I know!  Unique details and brilliant designs are her trademark (you know when you say to yourself "I wish I'd thought of that"...).  She's a great lady to hang out and craft with, too!
I asked Donna to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?
My blog is called: kardsbykrashscrapper.blogspot.ca . Very early in my card making days I realized I needed to have a blog to not only showcase my projects (my first cards left a lot to be desired) but also to participate in challenges. To be honest, it is kind of fun to go back and look at my first cards... although honestly I would like to redo them all! <smile>  The blog itself is named after my horse. I had to say good bye to him about 3 1/2 years ago but he taught me so many life lessons and inspired me in so many ways I wanted to find a way to honour him. 

2. What is your style of card making?
I am not sure what I would call my card making style. I like to create scenes but I have also recently been pushing myself to work with more layers of patterned paper. I also like to throw a CAS card in there once and awhile just for fun. With each card I do I really try to keep the focus on the stamp I am using and try to use embellishments that highlight it. 

3. Who inspires you as a designer?
I am quite new in the card making world and still getting my feet wet but one of the first people to inspire me is a very talented stamp artist and card designer - Crissy Armstrong. I not only love her stamps but I also love her card style. I am also inspired by Karen Dedman at Your Next Stamp. My first challenge card ever was a card I created using a stamp she named after my horse. The rest is history as they say. I am also inspired by my horse and all the things he taught me and the day to day antics of my dog

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?
I am inspired by alot of things! It can be everything from a piece of patterned paper, to a stamp, to a card layout by another talented card maker - there really is no easy answer to this question <smile> The list goes on but I often find myself looking at a beautiful sunset/sunrise/storm clouds etc and trying to figure out what alcohol markers I would use to recreate the colours I am seeing.......I know - weird right?!? 

5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?
When I was 12 years old I got thrown from a horse and fractured my skull. I spent two weeks in a coma and a year not being able to do anything physical......no horseback riding, no soccer and no beating up my brothers - all things I enjoyed very much! I love cheesecake - if it's on the menu I'm having some! much to my hubby's dismay the night he proposed to me <chuckle>. I also have a huge weakness <wink> for Reese's Peanut Butter cups....especially when they are in a DQ Blizzard.

Here is Donna's card using this week's inspiration!
The challenge designers & I have also created a card for this week's inspiration!  We would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach http://kimcreate.blogspot.ca/




Leigh Penner - www.leighpenner.blogspot.com  







  Silke Ledlow http://silkeledlow.blogspot.com/ 



We hope you will play along with us!

The linky will close on Thursday, January 26th at 11:55pm. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!


2 comments: