Saturday, September 16, 2017

Inspired by All The Little Things #64 featuring Shannon Jaramillo

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! Nance here, with big thanks to everyone who played along with our first challenge after the summer break.  This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!


This week I have invited...

Shannon Jaramillo


I asked Shannon to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?

My blog name is Shannon Kay Paperie. A little over 5 years ago my upline encouraged me to start blogging as a way to share my card making passion. I have so blessed to meet so many wonderful people who share this crazy fun hobby! I originally started out as EZ Peasy Cards but as time went on my cards weren't really easy peasy anymore (!) so I started to work on a new name and was encouraged to use my name for my blog. Well, Jaramillo isn't an easy name for people to remember so I decided to go with my first name and middle initial "K" and just changed it to Kay because it was prettier. And Paperie, well, that's just a fancy word for paper :)

2. What is your style of card making?

I feel that my style can vary widely, depending on my mood. I can be clean and simple, clean and layered, but then sometimes I throw six different patterns of paper at one card and wonder who took over my body...lol...but I think the one constant is CLEAN.

3. Who inspires you as a designer?

Hmmm, I had to ponder this one. I contemplated whose card designs always make me sigh in admiration for their ability to use different techniques and products while keeping it clean and maintaining the ever important white space. For me those people would be Mary Fish, Hannalie Bester, and Kim Singdahlsen. They inspire me every day.

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?

Sketches are a favorite source of inspiration. When I find myself stuck creatively, I go to my secret inspiration Pinterest board and scroll through the thousands of cards, mostly clean and simple, that I have saved there. I don't tend to come out of it with a particular card design in mind, I just feel that I have filled up the creativity jar and I just need to tilt it over and see what spills out :)
  
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?

My secret delight is bubble gum ice cream. I know, right?!? But I LOVE it...and I EAT THE BUBBLE GUM BALLS!! Shameful I know. I only indulge once in a blue moon, but sometimes it's nice to take of your adult hat and be free; for a few moments I'm seven again with sticky hands, a blue tongue, ice cream all over my face (metaphorically of course) and totally there in that moment, just me and my ice cream cone. Maybe that's why I like to play with paper and glue so much :)

Here is Shannon's card using this week's inspiration!



The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! I hope you will play along with us this week...we would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach
LauraJane 

Leigh Penner 

Marcie Sharp

 Sharp Designs

Sheri Gilson

Silke Ledlow



Wanda Cullen


We hope you will play along with us!

The linky will close on Friday, September 22nd at 11:55am. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!




1 comment:

  1. Such fabulous inspiration from the team and Shannon..... Thank you x

    ReplyDelete