Saturday, October 29, 2016

Inspired by All the Little Things featuring Katie Brooks

Hello Lesley here and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!


This week I have invited my dear friend Katie Brooks. Katie used to design for me over at FUSION and I adore her inspiring card making style!



I asked Katie to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?

KBStamps is my blog.  I started it in 2008.  I can't believe I have had it for that long!  I started because I wanted to create and share those creations, simple as that.  Still do. :)
2. What is your style of card making?


My style of card making is pretty varied.  I tend to pick up lots of styles of different things I like, layered, shabby chic, cute, etc. I enjoy building scenes and probably more often than not I go for cute.  I am not great at CAS designs, I can't help but want to fill up the card!  But I do try my hand at it every now and then and once in a while I am successful!

3. Who inspires you as a designer?

There are so many people that inspire me as designers.  My inspiration comes from varied people depending on my mood.  A few of my fave designers are Yainea (My paper Journey), Brandi (Yankee Belle Stamper) and Joni (Papell with Love).


4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?

Everything inspires me as a card maker, other designers, pins, photos, nature... you name it and I am inspired.  I love the quote, "Art imitates life imitates art," so very true!
  
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?

Hmm.. something about me.  I'll share a few things. First I have Multiple Sclerosis, it can be a hard illness to deal with given that I work full time and have a child.  On a happier note, I am a big nerd who likes to laugh a lot.  My husband and I are always laughing. Finally, I believe in the possibility of Bigfoot and Yeti's (you'll notice I have a lot of stamps with those silly folks), I mean it is such a big world out  there and new species are being discovered every day, so why not those.  I agree that it might not be very probable, but it is totally possible

Here is Katie's card using this week's inspiration!


The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!



Kimberly Lackenbach-http://kimcreate.blogspot.ca/





Leigh Penner - www.leighpenner.blogspot.com  







We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Friday, November 4th at 12:00 pm. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

2 comments:

  1. YAY for Katie!!!!!!! Awesome inspiration ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving getting to know Katie B. more and more! Gorgeous photo, once again!!! REally inspired cards, ladies!
    =]

    ReplyDelete