Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!
This week I have invited...
I first "met" Barb when she started leaving wonderful comments on my blog posts and after I made a comment on one of her posts about wanting a particular die that she had used, she very generously sent me some die-cuts of the dies - all the way across the world! I asked Barb to share a bit about herself...
1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?
My blog is Barb’s Studio Creations (https://barbsstudiocreations.blogspot.com/), which I started in October 2013. Prior to that, my friends in the Hero Arts Flickr Group strongly encouraged me to start a blog, and I’m so glad I did.
2. What is your style of card making?
My style is primarily clean & simple but sometimes a card will become ‘clean & layered’...in general, the more white space I have on a card, the more I like it! I enjoy stamping flowers and creating scenes with critters, and I also love using watercolors and Copic markers to color images.
3. Who inspires you as a designer?
I’m inspired by so many card artists, that it would be too difficult to list all of them here. I love perusing blogs, and often meet (then follow) some really talented artists!
4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?
I am an avid ‘Challenge Junkie’! I love using sketches, inspiration photos, code words, and cards designed by other artists to get my juices flowing.
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?
I am currently retired, and during my career I was a Nurse Practitioner. I worked in a very busy high risk prenatal clinic, and my specialty was caring for pregnant women with HIV...believe it or not, I miss it a lot!
Here is Barb's card using this week's inspiration!
The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!
Leigh Penner - www.leighpenner.blogspot.com
Marcie Sharp- http://cardmakinchaos.blogspot.ca/
And, finally, a card from me
We hope you will play along with us!
The linky will close on Thursday, 13 October at 11:55pm. (PST)
Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
- Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
- Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
- Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
- Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
- Have fun and challenge yourself!