Saturday, April 9, 2016

Inspired by All the Little Things - Featuring Jinny Newlin

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!

This week I asked the sweet Jinny Newlin to be our guest. The first project I remember seeing by Jinny was in CARDS Magazine! I've been a fan of Jinny ever since! Her style is fresh and homespun.  She's an amazing designer and better than that, one of the sweetest people you'd ever want to meet! 





I asked Jinny to share a little bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?


The name of my blog is Soaring. I started it, in September of 2009, at the encouragement of a fellow, papercraft friend, to showcase what I’d been creating and share some of my family’s day-to-day with extended family and friends.

2. What is your style of card making?

I don’t like to put labels on my card making style. It is always morphing and changing to fit my current likes, but I can tell you that I currently love splatter painting, watercoloring, cute images, and playful puns; and I’ve always enjoyed playing with textures, layers, and bold colors and can’t resist a fabulous print and/or pretty trimming.

3. Who inspires you as a designer?

I couldn’t possibly pick one or even two people that inspire me the most. I’m inspired by the papercraft community at large. The small handful of designers’ styles that I am drawn to today may change tomorrow, but I always adore designers who aren’t afraid to just be themselves and whose designs are clean and well-pieced together.

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?


Inspiration is everywhere! I’m inspired by a well-dressed room, a book/magazine cover, and even the contents of my closet. I’m also completely inspired by the hand of my Creator, whether it be in the hues of a Kansas sunset, the smell of a wheat field ripe for harvest, the warm touch of my children’s kisses, or the sweet sounds of a whistling breeze racing through the Colorado mountains. Online challenge blogs and websites, too, tend to keep my style from getting too stuffy and stretch me out of my comfort zones.

5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?

I’m truly an open book and wear my feelings on my sleeves. So, if you’ve been a follower of mine for any length of time, there’s probably not much you don’t know about me. However, in the spirit of playfulness, not many people know that I can totally rock a hula hoop.

Here's Jinny's beautiful card inspired by the photo this week!







And some inspiration from our brand new design team...











and finally :) a project by me!





We hope you will play along with us!

The linky will close on Thursday, April 14th at 11:55pm. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  1. Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  2. Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  3. Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  4. Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  5. Have fun and challenge yourself!

Link up your newly created projects here...



5 comments:

  1. awesome job ladies...congrats to Jinny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so sweet, Jeanne. Thank you for the kind words! Mwah! And thanks so much for having me this week, ladies. I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a big fan of Jinny's work & she's such a sweetheart! Lovely work by the team~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeanne, What a gorgeous, beautiful blog! So full of lovely, creative work. I'm your newest follower and hope to be checking in often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Biggest congrats to Jinny for this feature! Her work is amazing and always an inspiration. What a super sweet challenge this week! <3

    ReplyDelete