Saturday, June 3, 2017

Inspired By #59 featuring Amy Sheffer

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things
This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week 
we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!





This week I have invited my friend


first discovered Amy's blog and her incredible work when
she was added to the Papertrey Ink design team.
I remember visiting her blog for the first time and being so thrilled that
she would be designing for PTI -- I just adore her style!
And, I've been pretty lucky to get to design with Amy together for
Reverse Confetti -- we've become friends and she is awesome!

I asked Amy to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?
I started my blog in 2007, and like so many others, was trying to think of a catchy, unique name for it. I settled on Pickled Paper Designs for two reasons. First, I had long gone by PickleTree online (that has its own story!), so I wanted something with the word "pickle." Second, at the time, I was more interested in scrapbooking than card making, so the word "pickle" with it's meaning "to preserve" totally worked. My tag line was even going to be "preserving memories, one page at a time." The scrapbooking thing never really happened, but the blog name stuck!

2. What is your style of card making?
Slow?! hahaha! Actually, I like a little of everything, so I'd say my style is kind of eclectic. That said, I definitely feel like my designs have drastically simplified over the years. Sometimes my cards can even go through the mail now, like in an envelope, not a box ;)

3. Who inspires you as a designer?
There is so much talent in the card making world, and I am constantly inspired by other crafters. One of my biggest stamp crushes right now, though, is Yoonsun Hur. Her designs are just so unique and artsy and out-of-the-box! 

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? 
Photos? Sketches? Other designers?
Other designers; browsing Pinterest or Instagram for eye-catching home decor, textiles, package design, art, and more; and of course, the product itself.
  
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?
I am completely Hamilton-obsessed. The soundtrack is {still} on non-stop and I'm constantly singing and rapping along. 
My favorite parts are Lafayette's, especially Guns and Ships.

Here is Amy's card using this week's inspiration:



The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! 
These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! 
I hope you will play along with us this week! 
We would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach

LauraJane 


Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs


Sheri Gilson


Silke Ledlow

Wanda Cullen


And here is my card -- Leigh Penner -- To The Full
  
(I love how Amy & I used the same stamp set and created very similar cards!
What are the odds?)

We hope you will play along with us!

The linky will close on Friday, June 9th at 11:55am. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:

  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

3 comments:

  1. Stunning cards from the DT!

    (Amy, Guns & Ships is my favorite too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous...so many amazing and beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today I am sharing a mixed media style layout with the floral inspiration. I see so many pretty creations here.

    ReplyDelete