Hello, Veronica here and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a bi-weekly inspiration challenge blog and each month we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!
This week I have invited
I asked Dana Seymour to share a bit about herself...
I started blogging 11 years ago in January of 2007 after realizing that I loved the social sharing format of a blog. I called it Kismet, Art, & Life.
2. What is your style of card making?Eclectic. I never stick with one particular style! There are so many unique supplies out there and they all inspire me in different ways. I can and will create anything from CAS to Artsy to Shabby chic. It depends on the stamps and the person for whom the card is intended.
3. Who inspires you as a designer?Oh goodness, SO many. The first that come to mind are Laurie Schmidlin, Debbie Hughes, Karen Baker, and Viola Mahr.
4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?
I can find inspiration just about anywhere. Sometimes in nature, frequently in cloth/material designs, and always on Pinterest.
I enjoy working with sketches or color swatches as well as images.
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?
I'm a real foodie and a passionate cook. I always have something creative happening in my kitchen. As a vegetarian for the past 23 years I've inspired many palates with an array of vegetables and grains. In college I started my own catering company and was busy nearly every weekend. Even now, outside of my regular job, I cater weddings and other large events a few times a year for special requests.
Dana: I couldn't pick one, two, or even four things from this image because I loved so much about it! So, alternatively I decided to incorporate as many of the "little things"as I could into my card.
Here is the card I created:
I was inspired by the colors, and wood paneled background.
The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!
Kim was inspired by the word Hello and the pink and aqua colors.
Inspired By the woodgrain, wings and soft Pink/Aqua combo.
Leigh was inspired by the colours, the woodgrain background and the
pretty peonies in the photo.
Sheri was inspired by the pretty flowers and the word "hello".
Silke was inspired by the flowers, the sentiment and the beautiful colors.
Wanda was inspired by the birdcage and colors.
We hope you will play along with us!
The linky will close on Friday, March 2, at 11:55am. (PST)
Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
- Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
- Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
- Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
- Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
- Have fun and challenge yourself!