Saturday, December 9, 2017

Inspired by All the Little Things #76 featuring Joanne James

Hello and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!



This week I have invited my friend and very talented designer, 
Joanne James of The Crafty Owl!


I asked Joanne to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?
My blog is called ‘The Crafty Owl’ and I started it at the start of January 2013, a few months after I took up papercrafting. I became a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator and I wanted to be able to share my creations and connect with other people who shared my new-found passion. I chose the name because the first papercrafting tool I ever bought was an owl punch and I loved it!

2. What is your style of card making?
My style tends to be clean and layered and I love to use diecuts in interesting ways. I also love to colour, especially with markers. I am definitely not a messy crafter though and tend to avoid mixed media, although I do love to have a go at a good collage card every now and then.


3. Who inspires you as a designer?
I am an avid blog reader and am inspired by lots of the designers that I follow. Some of my favourites include Jennifer McGuire, Brian King and Hannelie Bester, all of whom have similar styles to mine but I also Birgit’s fabulous watercolours too.

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?
I love a good sketch and will often use one as a starting point for a card. I take inspiration from anywhere and everywhere – magazines, nature and of course Pinterest!
  
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?
I am a keen stamp collector, having inherited a collection that includes every first day issue of British stamps that has been produced during the reign of the current monarch, Queen Elizabeth II.  I also have four chickens, whose daily supply of eggs feeds another of my passions: baking!
  
Here is Joanne's festive card using this week's photo inspiration!



The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! I hope you will play along with us this week, we would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach

LauraJane 


Leigh Penner 

Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs

Sheri Gilson

Silke Ledlow
 off this week

Wanda Cullen

We hope you will play along with us!

The linky will close on Friday, December 15th at 11:55am. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Joanne, she's a creative owl for sure!!! Lovely inspiration photo and all the DT cards are marvelous as well!

    ReplyDelete