Saturday, March 11, 2017

Inspired By All The Little Things #47 featuring Michelle Lupton

Hello, it's Karren here!  Welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a weekly inspiration challenge blog and each week we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist!

This week I have invited...


My photo

I asked Michelle to share a bit about herself...

1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?

My blog is called "Handmade by Michelle" - I know, pretty boring, but when I started it, I was not really aware of very many cardmaking blogs. I only discovered the whole world of card challenges in July, 2011 after I started my blog in February 2011. I started my blog as a way of keeping track of my own cards, and recording where I got inspiration from.


2. What is your style of card making?
I like to try different styles, but I always return to CAS cardmaking.   At the end of each year, I post a bunch of my favourite cards from that year to my blog, and from those cards, you can tell that I love white space, I'm not into a lot of layers, I love a rainbow and blues and greens, and I like using stencils and watercolours and Distress Inks. My latest love is Zig clean colour real brush markers.

3. Who inspires you as a designer?
Oh, there are so many! For techniques, I love Jennifer McGuire. For Copic colouring, I adore Kelly Latevola. For her use of colour and her inventiveness, Laura Bassen. For her mastery of soft and pretty, Debby Hughes. And for their versatility, Jessica Frost Ballas and Therese Calvird. I am also inspired by all my teammates at A Blog Named Hero, and at the Fusion Card Challenge 

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?

Quite often, I am inspired by stamps and inks - I will often just grab a stamp and some inks and start from there. I do love looking through Instagram and Pinterest, and will often take an idea from another cardmaker - a way of using a product, or a technique, or a colour scheme - and try to use it without directly copying it. I used to always follow sketches to the letter, but now I am more likely to let the stamp guide what the card ends up looking like, rather than making the stamp fit a sketch.
  
5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?
Um, my Instagram profile says I'm a "card-making, choir-singing, cupcake-baking science nerd".  I have also been described as having a serious case of introversion ;) 

Here is Michelle's stunning card using this week's inspiration!



The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach

LauraJane 

Leigh Penner 
  

Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs

Sheri Gilson


Silke Ledlow


Wanda Cullen



And, finally, a card from me (Karren)


We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Friday, 17 March at 11:55am. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a fun challenge! Great ideas from the DT here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun inspiration photo! I love all the bright colors and wonderful ideas in the DT cards!

    ReplyDelete